After completing the successful installation of the Windows 8 operating system on computers, administrators are highly recommended to create a System Image Backup of the operating system. Generally, administrator does it only to get the system back up and also running in case the operating system fails to boot, or else it gets corrupted due to many reasons.
While the system image is exactly the mirrored copy of the operating system and will contain the configuration of the OS, after completely restoring the computer from that backup image, then the computers will automatically come back to that stage where the image was created.
To create a system image back up, here we provide you a few instructions which will help you in creating a System Image Backup in Windows 8. But we advise you to follow the given instructions in a given sequence.
Steps to Create a System Image Backup in Windows 8/8.1
To create a Windows 10 system Image, you need to follow the steps by steps instructions. The steps are discussed below:
- First, click on Log on to a Windows 8 Computer by using the Administrator account.
- Then click on the Desktop Tile from the Start menu to go to the Desktop.
- Next, on the desktop screen, drift the mouse to the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Settings option located in the displayed option.
- Now, on the Control Panel window, click System and Security category.
- Next, click on the File History option appears on the right panel on the System and Security Window.
- Alternatively, click on the Windows File Recovery option located at the bottom of the Window Recovery File window.
- Then, click on the Create a System Image appears in the left panel of the Windows File Recovery Window.
- Now, click to select ‘On a hard disk’ radio button.
- When it is selected, click on the Next tab.
- A Confirmation notification will open on your screen, and it will ask you your permission for backup, click on Yes option.
- Click on the Start Backup to start the backup process.
- Wait till the Windows 8 system image backup is created.
- Now, a create system repair disc bow will appear on your screen, click on the No option to skip the system repair disc creation process.
- Again, back on the Create a System Image box, and click on the Close tab.
- Once it is completed, and then click to Close the Windows File Recovery window on your screen.
Jhon Watson is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2004. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.